On 12/16/2008 3:43 PM, Roberto Allende wrote:
I believe it is a good idea to keep it one month after PC, but before
december.

I don't know why so close to Plone Conference is good. It takes a lot of cat herding just to get the Plone people in my area to go to Plone Conference. Then they come back from conference and are immediately asked to participate in putting on a local event. It makes the people in my local Plone community feel like some people think Plone is the only thing in life. Plone is supposed to help them do their jobs, not *be* their jobs.

Plus, just as a report, WPD was three days after the general elections in the U.S.. Plone people on the whole are usually very aware and active sorts. That means lots of us in the U.S. were working our asses off trying to get a good election turnout while preparations for WPD were just kind of phoned-in. And it showed. In my area had a WPD with the same 15 people who come to everything Plone related around here.

I would suggest some time completely opposite of Plone Conference and holiday season. I would suggest sometime in the early spring. It could get people excited about Plone in a timeframe right before the season when there are usually a lot of Plone training events and symposia and leading up to Plone Conference.

--
Sincerely,

Chris Calloway
http://www.secoora.org
office: 332 Chapman Hall   phone: (919) 599-3530