Leo,

FOSDEM is the ultimate geeky crowd - actually anti-corporate. That said, I
think "Modern Perl 5" works for both audiences so I'll use that. The FOSDEM
crowd is also likely to want to see the platform projects first. In my
experience, these are the hard-core FOSS developers who want to build Free
software platforms first and foremost. They evaluate the community behind the
core code base first, then look at the surrounding projects to gauge a
platform's health. I think I'll keep the platform projects first, for that
reason. A more corporate conference might be less interested in the platform
projects but I think even corporate types care about the core code base's
health, and the community behind it. I might still highlight platform projects
even for a corporate or application developer audience. I can see both sides of
that one.

On capitalization of headings and titles: I use what is called "headline style"
capitalization, which is the most common approach. Headline style capitalizes
the first word and all internal words that aren't conjunctions, articles, and
short prepositions. I was curious to see if I was doing that wrong, and looked
it up in my style manual (Webster's). This manual recommends (and itself uses)
headline style for titles, headings, and sub-headings. I'm glad I looked it up,
though!

Thanks,

        --  rms

On Jan 26, 2010, at 3:00 AM, Leo Lapworth wrote:

> Hi Rich,
>
> Firstly thanks!
>
> 2010/1/26 Rich Sands <r...@rsandsconsulting.com>:
>> Postcard - front side
>> http://rsandsconsulting.com/resources/Perl-FOSDEM-Postcard-side1.png
>
> A few small comments, and I don't know the FOSDEM audience so this
> might be wrong...
>
> 'Some Other Cool Projects' doesn't sound 'corporate' but more 'geeky'
> - maybe titling it 'Modern Perl 5 projects' or even just 'Modern Perl'
> (as you have 'explore' already which I really like).
>
> Personally I would also lead with those (production ready projects)
> and then have the 'Platform projects' after. Finally, I've always been
> taught having upper case letters on anything other than the lead word
> is a no-no.
>
> I know your time constraints and none of this is very important so do
> ignore if you don't agree / have time.
>
> Again, thanks for doing it in the first place.
>
> Leo

Rich Sands
Principal

RSands Consulting, LLC