Ovid already reacted to this but let me also add my own little warnings:

No one wants to hear that others are (or rather think themselves)
smarter than him/her or his/her community.

Actually the reputation I heard is that Perl *requires* developers to be experts
and that drives away corporations, managers and in general people who are
responsible for hiring as that means they cannot hire new grads and expect them
to learn Perl and that makes it more risky to base their company on Perl.

Gabor