----- Original Message ----
> From: Uri Guttman <u...@stemsystems.com>

> we have a reputation of perl hackers being smarter on average than other
> language coders. in particular this is true with php coders (which seems
> to attract non-coders and lesser types! :).

Just be careful with generalizations. I was at an OSCON and was speaking to a
PHP guy about OO design and I was very impressed with his depth of knowledge
(turns out he was a speaker explaining OO in PHP).  I realize you weren't
saying this reputation is true, but it's worth remembering that there are
brilliant people all over the place.  In fact, I would suggest that we always,
always keep this in mind vis-a-vis marketing.  It's not just about humbling
ourselves, but also about being sure that we're decent folks giving others
their due credit.

Cheers,
Ovid--
Buy the book - http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/perlhks/