From: Gabor Szabo <szab...@gmail.com>
To: DirkDn <ddn123...@gmail.com>
Cc: Rich Sands <r...@rsandsconsulting.com>; TPF Marketing
<tpf-market...@perl.org>; events@lists.perlfoundation.org; Erik Colson
<e...@ecocode.net>
Sent: Tue, February 16, 2010 4:40:42 PM
Subject: Re: FOSDEM 2010 report

On Tue, Feb 16, 2010 at 6:49 PM, DirkDn <ddn123...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Gabor,
>
> I had a quick look at it.
>

> A quick summary I looked up from the google perl events calendar.
> - Perl QA Hackathon Vienna, Austria April 10-12
> - Nordic Perl Workshop (Iceland) May 1-2
> - Portuguese Perl Workshop June 4-5
> - Perl Mova + YAPC::Russia June 12-13
> - Belgian Perl Workshop Brussels June 26
> - YAPC::EU Pisa, Italy August 4-6

While it would be nice to have our stand on the Perl events as well where
we could explain to people how they could promote perl our focus has to be
on the non-perl events.

On http://www.perlfoundation.org/perl5/index.cgi?events there is a mix of them
- I added the Perl events as well - but so far I have not seen anyone
starting to
organize Perl presence on other events. If  we want to make an impact we have to
be present on at least on event every month!

We should also learn from the Debian and PostgreSQL People on how well organized
they are. e.g. See this page:
http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEventsChemnitzerLinuxTage2010

We need to get the community to wake up and start being present on
non-perl events!

Gabor