On Wed, Mar 30, 2016 at 03:34:01PM +0200, Tom Eicher wrote:

> >/usr/lib/systemd/system/haveged.service in 13.1 haveged package (version
> >1.7c-2.1.2) contains

> >ExecStart=/usr/sbin/haveged -w 1024 -v 0 -F
> >
> >so I guess the question should be exactly the opposite (i.e. how come
> >you have "-w 4096").
>
> True.
>
> Still, I have (had) 4 machines, stock 13.1, latest patches,
> using -w 4096. Can't explain, though...
>
> >Bad news is that haveged seems to be one of the projects which just
> >release a source tarball from time to time but do not have a public VCS
> >repository. The bug was probably fixed between versions 1.8 and 1.9.0
> >together with many other changes so that isolating the fix would be
> >extremely difficult.
>
> Since the latest repository version is at 1024, there is no public
> problem, it seems..

Well, there apparently _is_ a bug in haveged. However, as it only
affects non-default configurations, can be worked around easily and the
only known (and feasible) way to fix it would require a version upgrade,
I would prefer leaving it unfixed unless we are positively sure there
are 13.1 users who have strong need to use values bigger than 4066.

                                                         Michal Kubecek