Ruediger Meier wrote:

> On Sunday 10 April 2016, Per Jessen wrote:
>> jdd wrote:

>> > if you don't have major reason to use 13.2, prefere 13.1 (present
>> > evergreen) or Leap 42.1 (extended support probable, upgrade easy)
>>
>> For a production environment, I would definitely not recommend
>> Leap421.
>
> Do you have some kind of check list what are the most annoying issues
> in 42.1 for you?

Hi Rudi

- lack of dolphin thumbnails, tooltips (pdf, libreoffice)
- plasmashell crashes frequently
- screen locker crashes (apparently won't be fixed until 422)
- alt-tab windows switching is slow/unresponsive.

For a server, I might consider going with Leap421, but the steady stream
of updates makes me a little uneasy.  Of course, it's also a good
thing, it just seems to be a little too much.

>> I would also like to see 13.2 supported long-term, it's a very solid
>> release.
>
> What about fixing 42.1 via online update. Shouldn't the most annoying
> things already fixed?

I run a test desktop machine, it's being updated weekly, I think.  I try
to do as much work as possible, to find more bugs, but I only manage
maybe an hour per day.

It's really just my gut feeling, but for my office environment, I'm
sticking to 13.2 for a while yet.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (5.3°C)