This is a simple and short effort to present my current ideas. To aid
communication it is not intended to follow an established means of
mathematical expression. I am completely out of time so I hope it reads ok.
1) The single postulate is "The total system contains no information."
2) The "Nothing" contains at least some information:
Whenever it is manifest any question asking if it is manifest
must receive the response "yes".
3) #2 violates the postulate so the system must contain more component(s),
i.e. a "Something" or succession of "Somethings" or an ensemble of all
possible "Somethings" that balance or neutralize this information.
4) The "Nothing" since it contains information can not be stable with
respect to the manifestation of the other component(s) or the system again
violates the postulate because no neutralization is possible.
5) Any individual "Something" or a simultaneously manifest ensemble of all
possible "Somethings" must also comply with #2 so are violations of the
postulate and unstable with respect to the "Nothing".
6) The instabilities result in an alternation between the "Nothing" and the
7) The incorporation into the system of a FIXED "other component" which is
either an individual "Something" or the complete ensemble of "Somethings"
is a selection representing additional information
which can not be balanced out by corresponding antipodal information
present in the "Nothing".
8) The way to make the total system comply with the postulate:
a) The Nothing alternates with a succession of "Somethings" randomly
selected [no rules of selection control] from the ensemble.
b) The selection of the next "Something" out of the ensemble must be random
or the selection process is additional information in violation of the
c) The ensemble contains an infinite number of individual "Somethings" so
there can be no endless loops of repeats which would represent additional
information and are forbidden by the postulate.
Evolving universes are successive isomorphisms to some portion of each
Each manifestation of the "Nothing" corresponds to the emptiness or gap
between successive discrete isomorphisms of universe evolution.
Enduring evolving universes with fully deterministic rules of isomorphism
succession find no home in this model because the gap for such universes
would quickly become open ended. This violates the "Nothing" "Something"
The total system or "Grand Ensemble" is the "Everything". It contains no
information and it can not contain enduring fully deterministic universes.