As far as I understand quantum physics, this is only true if the new brain is in the
same quantum state as the old one - like atoms
in a bose-einstein condensate, they would then be literally, physically
indistinguishable. However (also as far as I understand
quantum physics) it's actually impossible to create two macroscopic objects in the
same quantum state, at least, it's impossible to
measure the state of one object accurately enough to create one which is idnetical in
this sense (which is the only sense the
universe recognises). This does not, however, prevent the universe itself from
creating two objects in the same quantum state, if
it's allowed to generate every conceivable arrangement of mass-energy - as may be the
case in a single, infinite universe, and is
definitely the case according to the MWI.

Charles