Yes - this is known as the Quantum Theory of Immortality. Do a Google
search on the topic, and/or everything list archive search on that or
"QTI" for numerous discussions of this idea...

                                                Cheers

David Kwinter wrote:

> Another quickie:
>
> Assume I survive a car/plane crash which we assume could have many
> different quantum outcomes including me (dead || alive)
>
> Since I was the same person (entire life history) up until the
> crash/quantum 'branch' - then can't I assume that since there was at
> least one outcome where I survived, that TO ME I will always survive
> other such life/death branches?
>
> Furthermore if I witness a crash where someone dies can I assume that
> the victim will survive in their own "world" so far as at least one
> quantum branch of survivability seems possible?
>

> David Kwinter

A/Prof Russell Standish                  Director
High Performance Computing Support Unit, Phone 9385 6967, 8308 3119 (mobile)
UNSW SYDNEY 2052                         Fax   9385 6965, 0425 253119 (")