On Sat, Jul 30, 2005 at 12:25:48PM -0700, Lee Corbin wrote:

> This is not to say that progress is impossible. Consider an idea
> like Aditya has:  what is the real difference between an event
> and an observer-moment?  In trying to answer that question, many
> of us may learn something (at least for our own purposes).

Err, an event is a particular set of coordinates (t,x,y,z) in 4D
spacetime. This is how it is used in GR, anyway.

An observer moment is a set of constraints, or equivalently
information known about the world (obviously at a moment of time). It
corresponds the the "state" vector \psi of quantum mechanics.

Perhaps you have different definitions of these terms, but it seems
like chalk and cheese to me.

Cheers

may safely ignore this attachment.