Hi Russel,

A possibly related question. Given your definition of events and OMs, does it not seem that they complement each other, assuming that events have more quatities associated, such as 4-momentum-energy?

----- Original Message ----- From: "Russell Standish" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Lee Corbin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: <everything-list@eskimo.com>
Sent: Sunday, July 31, 2005 12:40 AM
Subject: Re: What We Can Know About the World

On Sat, Jul 30, 2005 at 12:25:48PM -0700, Lee Corbin wrote:

This is not to say that progress is impossible. Consider an idea
like Aditya has:  what is the real difference between an event
and an observer-moment?  In trying to answer that question, many
of us may learn something (at least for our own purposes).

Err, an event is a particular set of coordinates (t,x,y,z) in 4D
spacetime. This is how it is used in GR, anyway.

An observer moment is a set of constraints, or equivalently
information known about the world (obviously at a moment of time). It
corresponds the the "state" vector \psi of quantum mechanics.

Perhaps you have different definitions of these terms, but it seems
like chalk and cheese to me.

may safely ignore this attachment.

Mathematics                                 0425 253119 (")
UNSW SYDNEY 2052                   [EMAIL PROTECTED]