Perhaps there needs to be a new thread for the new topic (Game of Life, etc.).

It seems my original inquiry has been left unanswered, but this is my point. My challenge was that multiverse theory is just pulling things out of thin air just as much as any other metaphysical theory. At each point in the history of science, science needs an external foundation to stand on, and by definition this is extra-science. Cluttering up the picture with "Everything" doesn't solve the problem at all. The multiverse is a tautology. Attributing meaning to it is a statement of faith.

Tom