I don't agree that your original query was left unanswered - it was
answered by several people, in possibly contradictory ways (that
remains to be seen - I tend to see the commonality). Perhaps you mean
the answers were unsatisfactory for you, in which case I'd be
interested in hearing from you why they are unsatisfactory.

Cheers

On Mon, Nov 07, 2005 at 11:41:10AM -0500, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Perhaps there needs to be a new thread for the new topic (Game of Life,
> etc.).
>
> It seems my original inquiry has been left unanswered, but this is my
> point. My challenge was that multiverse theory is just pulling things
> out of thin air just as much as any other metaphysical theory.  At each
> point in the history of science, science needs an external foundation
> to stand on, and by definition this is extra-science. Cluttering up the
> picture with "Everything" doesn't solve the problem at all. The
> multiverse is a tautology.  Attributing meaning to it is a statement of
> faith.
>
> Tom

may safely ignore this attachment.