From: danny mayes
To: Benjamin Udell
Cc: everything-list@eskimo.com
Sent: Monday, February 13, 2006 11:19 PM
Subject: Re: belief, faith, truth

I doubt Marchal's ideas will be made widely known or popularized in the
foreseeable future.  The problem isn't with the name of his theory, or with any
problem with Bruno per se beyond this:  There doesn't seem to be an easily
reducible way to summarize the theory in a manner that is digestible to anyone
beyond the highly specialized in similar fields.  I certainly understand the
basics of some of his ideas, but when it gets into all his logical analysis I
just have never found myself willing to devote myself to the time required to
really get into the detail of where he is coming from.  And I would consider
myself highly interested in these topics and at least reasonably intelligent.

Even something as mundane as the MWI (to this group at least) runs into a
brickwall when presented to the layperson.  You should see the conversations I
have with my wife.  Tell people everything is made of strings.  Or space and
time can be warped and curved.  They may not understand the science and math
behind it at all, but at least you are speaking their language.

The world is not ready for his ideas.  Even for the most part the world of
scientists in my opinion.

Danny