Yes, although you do have a different perception of theology to Rees,
and indeed practically all other scientists I know of. I won't comment
on theologians of course, I don't really know any all that well.

Not to say your perception is wrong, but it will take a Herculean
effort to get other to think along your lines.

Cheers

On Wed, Jul 26, 2006 at 04:21:28PM +0200, Bruno Marchal wrote:

> Le 26-juil.-06, à 06:29, Danny Mayes quoted Rees:
>

> > So I favor peaceful coexistence rather than constructive dialogue
> > between science and theology
> >

> With comp (or just with deep enough introspection) you can understand
> that science is just modesty, and that it is not domain dependent. I
> favor collaboration of scientists from many disciplines on the
> fundamental questions which by their very nature ask for
> interdisciplinary open mindness. You can do theology with a 100%
> scientific attitude.  Not doing that is the same as abandoning theology
> to authoritative argument. In that case, it is not astosnihing that
> theology looks irrational and unscientific.
>
> Bruno
>

> http://iridia.ulb.ac.be/~marchal/

may safely ignore this attachment.