Le 11-oct.-06, à 05:46, George Levy a écrit :

<snip: I will comment at ease later>

Therefore from the point of view of the second machine, the first machine appears conscious. Note that for the purpose of the argument WE don't have to assume initially that the second machine IS conscious, only that it can detect if the first machine is conscious. Now once we establish that the first machine is conscious we can infer that the second machine is also conscious simply because it is identical.

How could any machine detect that another machine is conscious? I am not sure this makes sense imo. We have to come back on this in late november.

I'll be traveling to France in early November. We'll leave the detailed discussion for later in November.

I go to Bergen (Norway) tomorrow where I will present the AUDA (Arithmetical UDA). The list has receive the info, see here:
http://www.mail-archive.com/everything-list@eskimo.com/msg11097.html

We will most probably have some opportunity to e-talk before your trip in France,

Bye,

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~ You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Everything List" group. To post to this group, send email to everything-list@googlegroups.com To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/everything-list -~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---