1Z wrote:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> > The key point I think is that both the A-theorists and the B-theorists
> > are partially right.
>
> The B-series is easily compatible with the A-series. The point
> about a block universe is that there is no A-series,
> not that there is a B-series. This asymmetry makes the
> situation unlike W/P duality.

My point was that the philosophers could be wrong ;)  i.e a block
universe does *not* have to mean that there is no A-series.  I'm
pointing out the possibility that that there could be *both* a block
universe *and* an A-Block.  I pointed out that this could be possible
if time had several different components or dimensions associated with
it.

If both a block universe and an A-series is possible, then the
philosophy debate over whether time flows or not would be exactly like
the debate over whether light is particles or waves.  Every-one thought
it had to be one or the other, but it turned out to be both.
Analogously, every-one thinks time is *either* an A-series *or* a
B-series, but I'm saying it *can* be both.