I am with this list for a decade or so, and learned that this group accepts
a negative
position as well, not only 'hosanna' to the 'officially (here) accepted one.
So here it
In my (heretic? and personal) view
1. universes in the Multiverse are not necessarily identical, indeed "all
possible" (see
Stathis' reply to you) means IMO diversity vs identity, so I find it
unfounded that "in
all 'other' universes the 2nd law should flourish" (indeed I consider it
even here some
(reductionist) model-related (and restricted) deduction from our limited
skills and their 'historic' (applied math based) explanation).
2. In my view of an interactive wholeness "we" exist in here (if really) -
in relation to
the TOTAL of THIS universe - a transfer into different background
(universe?) would
necessarily discontinue our complexity (uncuttable total 'self?') we are
What may happen 'there' (if...) is at best an assumption and I would not
draw further conclusions (definitely not as accepted facts!) by  building
further levels on unfounded
assumptions - no matter how fit they may be to a theory we favor.

You (and others) may believe whatever one wants to, you asked a question and
provided a (rather negative) reply. "MY" opinion.

John M

On 3/2/07, Stathis Papaioannou <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On 3/2/07, chris peck <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I have a question for people here who know the issues better than me:
> >
> > I was having an argument about alleged Quantum Immortality/Quantum
> > suicide
> > with some people who argue that because the 2nd law of thermodynamics
> > continues regardless in each universe a 'me' continues within, I should
> > ultimately age away, therefore Quantum immortality is a lost cause in
> > principle.
> >
> If all possible worlds are instantiated, there will always be worlds,
> albeit of low measure, where you continue to live even if your life depends
> on all the gas in a room spontaneously gathering in the proverbial corner.
> Stathis Papaioannou

To post to this group, send email to