Lurking, lurking...

This thread started I believe with Tom's 3 magnificent questions,
aeons ago on my birthday last year.

Thankee, Tom

A little refresher now:

On 31/12/2006, at 8:25 AM, Tom Caylor wrote:

> Besides the question of how meaning relates to this List, the question
> of meaning itself can be asked at several different levels, so I'll
> list a few:
> 1) Why does the universe exist?  Why is there something rather than
> nothing?
> 2) Why do human beings in general exist?
> 3) Why do I exist?
> The purpose of listing these three questions is not to deal with
> all of
> them on this thread necessarily, but to show that the question of the
> meaning of life really is connected to the universal questions that
> this list tries to address.  One's answer to any one of these
> questions
> can affect his/her answer to the other questions.
> It seems that we all have to eventually come to the question of the
> end
> of our lives.  (Even if immortality, quantum or other kinds, is a
> reality, the question of the end of our lives is a topic addressed
> even
> on this List.)  So as one man on United Flight 93 said before giving
> his life to save others, "Let's roll!"
> Tom

It was a touching moment when Bruno and John 'buried the hatchet'
yesterday ;)

I just want to say that this has been the most magnificent and
compelling thread I have contributed nothing to that I have ever
contributed nothing to

I think we need more on question 1

Questions 2 and 3 appear to have answers of sorts

Kim Jones

To post to this group, send email to