Imagine that we have a second Universe, that looks exactly the same as
the materialistic parts of our Universe.  We may call this second
Universe B-Universe.  (Our Universe is A-Universe.)

This B-Universe looks exactly the same as A-Universe.  Where there is a
hydrogen atom in A-Universe, there will also be a hydrogen atom in
B-Universe, and everywhere that there is an oxygen atom in A-Universe,
there will be an oxygen atom i B-universe.  The only difference between
A-Universe and B-Universe is that B-Universe is totally free from
consciousness, feelings, minds, souls, and all that kind of stuff.  The
only things that exist in B-Universe are atoms reacting with eachother.
All objects in B-Universe behave in exactly the same way as the objects
in A-Universe.

The objects in B-Universe produces the same kind of sounds as we produce
in A-Universe, and the objects in B-Universe pushes the same buttons on
their computers as we do in our A-Universe.

Is B-Universe possible?
If we interview an object in B-Universe, what will that object answer,
if we ask it: "Are you conscious?"?

Torgny Tholerus