Günther Greindl wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>> One thing I still don't understand, is in what sense exactly is the "Measure
>> Problem" a problem? Why isn't it good enough to say that everything exists,
>> therefore we (i.e. people living in a lawful universe) must exist, and
>> therefore we shouldn't be surprised that we exist. If the "Measure Problem"
>> is a problem, then why isn't there also an analogous "Lottery Problem" for
>> people who have won the lottery?

That's a good argument assuming some laws of physics.  But as I understood it,
the "measure problem" was to explain the law-like evolution of the universe as
a opposed to a chaotic/random/white-rabbit universe.  Is it your interpretation
that, among all possible worlds, somebody has to live in law-like ones; so it
might as well be us?

Brent Meeker