On Fri, Nov 7, 2008 at 1:05 PM, Tom Caylor <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> My interpretation/intent of my below statement is a simple logically
> consistent statement, akin to saying that a person's subjective point
> of view is subjective, or more closely, a person's point of view is
> personal (i.e. from the point of view of a person), or 1+1=2.  Not all
> absolutist statements can be easily contradicted.  Only the
> inconsistent ones can.

You said "the personal God is the only one..."  This suggests that
everyone believes in the same subjective view of God, which is silly.
The problem here is that the statement is not well-formed.  We're
discussing things that not only aren't operationally defined, they
cannot be operationally defined (belief isn't something that can be
directly measured [1]).

Absolutist statements can be easily contradicted primarily because any
statement can be easily contradicted.  ;)

Anna