On 01 Dec 2008, at 17:26, John Mikes wrote:

> That does not make a logical sense to me:
> "self-determinism" is based on the content of one's personal
> experience (colored by genetic dissposition) and concerning
> relational input.
> To call it deterministic is IMO OK, but not free will at all. Self
> or not self: it is a consequence.

Then we should make all criminals free, because they all just obeys
Schroedinger equation. (Free)-will exists because we cannot known all
our determinations, and because we know that we cannot know our
determinations, I would say.

> I wonder if your 'numbers system' includes relational
> differentiation, or ONLY the blank figures? If it does, it is only a
> language for describing the totality (and a simplified one at that).
> (I seek more diversified descriptions. )

You seem a bit unfair. Even in the case of the theology of the ideally
correct universal machine there will be 8 very different sort of
persons points of view, and I have never dare to say to the list that
the four last one really multiplies into infinity. All this potential
diversity exists before the machine actually live any experience. You
are again accusing me of reductionism by using what I'm afraid looks a
bit like a reductionist conception of machines and numbers.

Good luck for your niece,