On 04 Dec 2008, at 00:29, M.A. wrote:

> Hi Bruno,
>                 I'm quoting your response to an older post because I
> have a residual question. If "I"  improve my ability to select the
> best future outcomes, don't "I" also choose the worst ones according
> to MWI and the rule of sum-over-histories?  I seem to be competing
> against myself.  M.A.

Assuming just Everett QM, there is a notion of normality and
classicality which can be derived from the quantum evolution. This is
expalined by david Deutsch, but also the "decoherence theory". So,
when you take a (classical) decision you will act accordingly in the
vast majority of your histories, and very few version of you will
accidentally be doing the opposite.
Taking into account the comp. Hyp. such "decoherence" has to be
refined a priori, and this leads to a gallery of open problems.
Both with QM without collapse, and with comp, such normality is hard
to justified from the first person views when we are "near death".
This leads to even more complex questions. I can only say that I don't
know what happens, but I do expect, some probable "jump", guided by
some theoretical computer science intuition. Some backtracking of
experience, and renormalization of probabilities could also occur.
Many-histories is not "all histories", or it is "all histories" but
with different relative weight. We can't use MW for escaping our
"responsibilities", I think.

Bruno