Hi Bruno,
                I'm quoting your response to an older post because I have a
residual question. If "I"  improve my ability to select the best future
outcomes, don't "I" also choose the worst ones according to MWI and the rule of
sum-over-histories?  I seem to be competing against myself.  M.A.

        At some point I could "defined" consciousness as the state of
(instinctively at first) betting on a history. This will speed up yourself
relatively to your current stories, and make greater the set of your possible
continuation. As an exemple you become aware an asteroïd is coming nearby make
it possible for you to envisage a set of possible decisions, which can
themselves augment your probability of survival.

    -