Bruno,

> theoretical computer science and mathematical logic. Rereading
> "Conscience et Mécanisme" I realize Russell Standish was right, and that
> book should be translated in english because it contains an almost
> complete (self-contained) explanation of logic (for the physicists),
> including the historical foundations which are genuine, and a detailed
> explanation of the measurement problem in quantum physics, for the
> logicians. (beyong the most detailed account of the UD). It renders also
> justice to all the contributors in the debate on Gödel (like Benacerraf,
> Reinhardt, Webb, Wang, and many others). There are many
> misunderstandings, which reminds me the book by Torkel Franzen ...

I would certainly like to read the book - I managed a bit the Lille
thesis (with my French), but it was hard going and I think I only
understood the stuff because we have had many discussions here on the
list - so it was easy to "translate". I am not so sure I can manage the
huge Bruxelles work, but I will try someday when I have more time :-))

Maybe you can find a publisher who is prepared to translate the book
into english?

> Also, it is hard to *believe* in the plausibility of the conclusion of
> UDA without having a good understanding of Everett's Quantum Mechanics.
> What could be a "good" introduction to Everett? ... Deutch' FOR book,
> but also Albert's one, D'Espagnat, .....

Of course, yes - I will include Albert and Deutsch on the references
page concerning the UDA. Albert especially is good in his account of
weird quantum experiments.

Cheers,
Günther