On 11/07/2009, at 6:24 AM, Bruno Marchal wrote:

> I am also a bit anxious about Kim, who is the one who suggested me the
> initial explanations, but who seems to have disappear right now.

OK - I'm back. Since May 27 to two days ago I have been without
Internet access.

I made the mistake of upgrading my Broadband plan to add Internet
phone. It took two telcos a month to complete this ridiculously basic
operation with mistakes made and attendant extra waiting times.

Then, just as the connection was restored at the beginning of July,
the plumbing in this block of apartments fell apart and a major
excavation work went ahead and this time the plumbers cut the phone
cable and didn't realise it which meant I wasted another week trying
to get the problem diagnosed.

So now finally everything is back to normal. I have just started
reading this thread and can see that the class is a very exclusive
one! I will try my best to follow through on the exercises and the
comments, corrections. I feel I have access to the correct
mathematical symbols on my Mac now but *time* is the thing that I
don't have much of anymore, so I feel a bit depressed about the level
of effort I can devote to it. If only we didn't have to work for a
living things would be vastly easier.

The notion of sets is indeed a tricky one. I am just now going over
the initial exercises again. Do not wait for me. I am also trying to
catch up on about 4,000 emails.

Bruno - my sincerest apologies for this hiatus. You seem eager to get
to the seventh and eighth steps. Why wouldn't you be.

regards,

Kim