Hi,

I sum up the definition and results seen so far.

N = {0, 1, 2, ...}, the set of natural numbers (also called positive
integers).

N^N = {f such that f is a function from N to N} = the set of functions
from N to N.

Universal language: a language in which we can describe formally how
to compute any intuitively computable functions.

Weak Church thesis: there exists a universal language.

Church thesis: lambda-calculus is universal.
Turing thesis: the Turing machine specification language is universal
Markov thesis: the Markov formalism is universal
Post laws: production system is universal
Beniov-Deutsch: quantum turing machine is universal
etc.

All such thesis have been proved equivalent. Instead of lambda
calculus, turing machines, Markov systems or Post production
rules, ... you can use your favorite programming language (ADA,
FORTRAN, LISP, Prolog, C++, etc.). Thanks to Church thesis, I will not
need to actually use any of those formal systems, and what we prove
will be true for any of them. Actually I am using only the weak Church
thesis.

Computable = programmable in my favorite universal language (this
definition use the (weak) Church thesis)

N^N-comp = {f such that f is a computable function from N to N}

N^N-comp+ = {f such that f is a computable function from a subset of N
to N} = {f such that f is a partial computable function}

Note that N is a particular subset of N; so a computable function
(defined on the whole N) is a particular case of a partial function,
so N^N-comp is included in N^N-comp+

Training exercise: try to reprove for your own benefit that:

N^N is non enumerable

N^N-comp is enumerable

N^N-comp is non computably enumerable (the bijection exists but is not
computable)

N^N-comp+ is enumerable

N^N-comp+ is computably enumerable (allowing repetition: different
numbers can correspond to the same function).

Bruno