Nick Prince wrote:
Hi Brent

Perhaps Bruno could give some clarification  here. Just prior to his
conclusion on the sane paper I quoted from was this:

"So if we keep comp at this stage, we are forced to relate the inner
experience only to
the type of computation involved. The reason is that only those types
are univocally related to
all their possible counterfactuals. This entails that, from a first
person point of view, not only
the physical cannot be distinguished from the virtual, but the virtual
can no more be
distinguished from the arithmetical. Now DU is emulated
platonistically by the verifiable
propositions of arithmetic. They are equivalent to sentences of the
form ‘‘it exists n such that
P(n)’’ with P(n) decidable. Their truth entails their provability, and
they are known under the
name of Sigma1 sentence.
If comp is correct, the appearance of physics must be recovered from
some point of
views emerging from those propositions.

Why only the atomic sentences?  Why not all true sentences?  How is "appearance" recovered?

Indeed, taking into account
the seven steps once
more, we arrive at the conclusion that the physical atomic (in the
Boolean logician sense)
invariant proposition must be given by a probability measure on those
propositions.
But what gives the probability measure?  Is it just the relative frequency of occurrence of the atomic sentences in the UD output up to a given step?

physical certainty must be true in all maximal extensions, true in at
least one maximal extension (we will see later why the second
condition does not follow from the first) and
accessible by the UD, that is arithmetically verifiable. Figure 8
illustrates our main
conclusion, where the number 1 is put for the so called Sigma1
sentences of arithmetic."

It sounds as if Bruno thinks that the computations of the UD invoke
our inner experiences and also our understanding of  physics.  Both
come from arithmetical platonicism ( because thats what the UD is all
about).  So the pictures in the "film" are stiched together by the
arithmetical (computation necessity) rather than the laws of of
physics... Hmm not what I thought and said earlier!!

So according to Bruno the laws of physics come from something
intrinsic in the computation?  Not quite sure how.  I just can't
figure out any more at the moment and hope Bruno will give me a hint
here.

Enjoying the dialogue!

Nick