Nick Prince wrote:
Is this because you think of your stream of consciousness as somehow
like a reel of film?  All the individual pictures could be cut from
the reel and laid out any which way but the implicit order is always
there.  I can understand this because all the spatio temporal
relationships for the actors in the film remain "normal" i.e obey the
laws of physics.

But there's the rub.  Why the laws of physics?  That's what somehow
needs to be explained.  Is there something about the UD that necessarily
generates law like sequences of states with high probability?  Doesn't
it generate just those laws we seem to find - that would be a great
discovery.  Or does it generate all possible non-self-contradictory
multiverses - in which case nothing has been explained.

Deutsch argues similarly in the Fabric of reality.
In my work I often come across the idea of a foliation of
hypersurfaces which is really a set of 3D pictures "stuck together and
stacked in the direction of the time coordinate of the world at a
given instant of time.

But that's starting with the physics given, so the hypersurfaces and
their relation is already defined.

Brent

In MW interpretation though I guess that the
stacking is less certain as in the block universe idea but that's
another issue.  Is this analogy similar to how you feel  the "obvious"
experience of time being normal?

Best

Nick