I also think that free will is a meaningless concept, for many
reasons. Like, let's say I'm in situation X and can choose A or B.
What is it that could make me choose differently in an otherwise
identical situation? Presumably my will. But the will has to be part
of me to be my free will, thus I'm not identical, and the situation is
not identical either. Then there are regression problems and the
assumption behind free will that I'm a person who's traveling on a
single path through time, so I can only pick A or B but not both.