On 18 Sep 2010, at 14:34, 1Z wrote:

On 3 Sep, 09:10, Bruno Marchal <marc...@ulb.ac.be> wrote:

Physicists have a tradition of putting mind and consciousness under
the rug,

Physicists have a tradition of not being psychologists
front of the 'hard consciousness problem', or the mind-body problem.

Indeed. Since Aristotle. Even more so since Christians burns those who depart from the Dogma, and atheism blocks progress in a less hot but as irrational way. But the platonist start with the right unifying principles, I think. The idea to separate physics from theology has been fertile methodologically, but, as I explained, it just does not work without reintroducing magical matter and/or magical minds, and/or magical dualist supervenience principles.