On 02 Sep 2010, at 19:23, Evgenii Rudnyi wrote:

on 02.09.2010 17:57 Bruno Marchal said the following:

Science is only collection of theories, and statements derive in
those theories, and intepretation rules, and confirmation modus
operandi. Only layman and engineers have to hope that their theories
fits enough a reality.
The theories and the reasoning can be presented informally or
formally. Rigor has nothing to do with formalization, but a lot to do
with clarity. It is also better that the theory/assumption are shared
by many, because ... it is more fun.

How would you define what a physical law is?

Empirically: physical laws are the laws which can relate what I can observe and share with others.

Assuming digital mechanism, after the UDA reasoning, the physical laws are no more primitive laws, inferable from observation, but they emerge from the coupling consciousness/reality itself emerging from the additive/multiplicative structure of numbers. The laws of physics are no more fundamental. The emergence is enough constrained as to make the mechanist assumption testable. If we are in a 'matrix', we can verify it. (mechanism entails we are in a matrix, actually in an infinities of matrix, existing platonistically in the structure of numbers+addition+multiplication. Note that this makes the ultimate physical laws much more solid: such laws are shown to have a reason.

The reason I am asking is that recently I have read The Elegant Universe by Brian Green about the superstring theory. For some reasons physicists insist that they can find Equation of Everything.

Physicists have a tradition of putting mind and consciousness under the rug, and they usually confuse everything with everything-physical. This has been a fertile methodological simplification, but it breaks in front of the 'hard consciousness problem', or the mind-body problem.