On 9/26/2010 12:15 PM, Rex Allen wrote:
On Sun, Sep 26, 2010 at 2:42 PM, Brent Meeker<meeke...@dslextreme.com>  wrote:
If you can find a Putnam-mapping that can extracts a representation of
a conscious entity, you can also find a mapping that extracts a
representation of an environment to go with it.

Sure - but it's not our environment.
Is our environment the only environment?  Is the mapping that
constitutes our environment priviliged in some way?

It is if we're the ones doing the mapping.

Perhaps environment is relative to observer?  But then from whence the observer?

That's possible, but it's solipism.