On Sat, Nov 27, 2010 at 2:08 PM, 1Z <peterdjo...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> On Nov 27, 6:49 pm, Rex Allen <rexallen31...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Given that there are an infinite number of ways that your information
>> could be represented, how likely is it that your experience really is
>> caused by a biological brain?  Or even by a representation of a
>> biological brain?
>
> Occam's razor: BIV, matrix and other sceptical scenarios are
> always more complex, and therefore less likely than
> "things are the way they seem to be"

Actually not.  We have our experience of the world, which is not
direct (e.g. colors, illusions, delusions, dreams, etc.).  And then we
have the cause of our experience.

This is true in all cases:  scientific realism, scientific
materialism, BIV, matrix, other skeptical scenarios.

BIV, matrix, etc. don't introduce additional elements, they just
arrange the "causal" elements differently.

None are more or less complex than the others.

*My* preferred option is simpler.  Only conscious experience exists,
uncaused and fundamental.  There is nothing else.