On Nov 29, 4:15 am, Rex Allen <rexallen31...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 27, 2010 at 4:06 PM, Jason Resch <jasonre...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Right, my view is that there is no thinker, only thought.
> Once you accept that the conscious experience of a rock exists, what
> purpose does the actual rock serve?

It makes the thought "there is a rock here" either true or false.

> Also, you’ve introduced a  new question:  How does unconscious matter
> governed by unconscious physical laws give rise to conscious
> experience?

You scheme raises the question: why are our thoughts apparently
meaningful and true, and why do we care about that, when,
they are actually neither.

> Why not just accept accidental idealism?

Because "there are no absolute causes/explanaions" is a bad reason to
give up on causation
and explanation completely