On Mon, May 09, 2011 at 03:44:48AM -0400, Stephen Paul King wrote:
>     But surely you can see that this “linear human history” is one
that can only be defined from the assumption that “all human history”
can be determined. That’s the rub, it assumes the ability to know
something that requires the existence of an external (to the
multiverse) observer! That is cheating! We have to onl

That is why it is important that the argument can be relativised to
the history that you find yourself in. I'm not saying this has been
done, but it certainly has been considered. It does look possible,

y consider information that is available from measurements that obey the laws
of physics otherwise we are no better than the Scholastics and their debates
about how many angels can dance on the head of a pin! If our philosophy is not
based on empirical falsifiability we are merely amusing ourselves with “who is
the smartest guy in the room”. I, would not win that contest and do not wish to
even participate in the contest. I am just a guy trying to figure things out.