On 6/21/2011 4:03 PM, Jason Resch wrote:
If the technology exists to run minds in computers, we can engineer any simulated environment of our choosing, the need to go out and colonize other planets becomes a completely obsolete technique for survival.

And who will run and maintain the computers?  The Morlocks?

Maybe we better just stick with Bruno's theory and pretend they are all running in Platonia.

You might say, well who would want to live in a computer simulation, but your life in a simulation can be identical to the one you have already lived (if you wanted it to be).

Are you imagining that each person will choose the simulation in which they exist? Every man a king.

Brent

Jason