On 05 Jul 2011, at 00:42, Constantine Pseudonymous wrote:

lol, the "pagan confusion" in this forum is exactly why the Church
thought it necessary to dogmatically formulate a creed and impose that
rigid and absolute structure on the masses.....

otherwise such heathen indeterminacy and inventiveness would continue
ad infinitum.

Neo-platonism was constructed for the same reason... that is why the
Church absorbed it into its system.

That is true. That is why Christians are slightly less wrong than atheists, with respect to the hypothesis that we are machine. But the Church has also strong anti-platonist stances, indeed anti-science stands, especially in theology. It is just the usual manipulation of gullible humans for political means.

Bruno