On Mon, Jun 06, 2011 at 08:31:35PM -0400, Stephen Paul King wrote:
> Hi Russell,
>
>    I would like to be sure that I understand your point here. Would
> you say that "true determinism", as opposed to "true indeterminism",
> requires one-to-one mappings between any two adjoining links in the
> causal chain of events, each of which is said to be uniquely
> determined by its prior?
>
> Onward!
>
> Stephen

That is what determinism means. I don't think there can be any meaning
attached to false determinism, however, so the true is a little
redundant.

That is also the case of indeterminism, but some might think that
ignorance is a form of indeterminism (which it needn't be). Hence my
sticking the redundant "true" tag to make the point.

Cheers