On Fri, Aug 12, 2011 at 9:55 PM, meekerdb <meeke...@verizon.net> wrote:

> On 8/12/2011 5:28 PM, Pilar Morales wrote:
>
>> or a magnetron, which to me, gravitation and magnetism are manifestations
>> of the same force, just different reactions to interactions.
>>

> Andre Sakharov wrote a famous paper that suggests gravity is an emergent
> curvature of spacetime from the vacuum fluctuations of quantum fields,
> including the EM field

That makes more sense to me. The fundamental unit of magnetism is (has to
be) spacetime itself, time being the most important differentiator. I think
there's a problem when we give the speed of 300Kk/s to the particle of light
versus giving it to the field in which it travels. The specific frequency of
that field has a sign posted: Speed Limit X, so it makes sense to me that
the fields are of greater importance since everything, every particle, is in
constant movement. It is the field that makes it move.

Like a leaf carried by the current of a river, it is the current that
carries it; or a sailboat when it catches the current of the wind. Nothing
can travel faster than the particular current without additional energy, but
the speed of the particles depends on their mass, their charge, and the
size/speed or frequency of the current in which it wants to travel. This
would fit perfectly with conservation of energy. It would be another quality
of the spacetime field that puts pressure on the particles that makes them
experience entropy, like water pressure.

Or maybe not. Thanks for the link, it's in my queue now :)