Stathis wrote:

*"So you agree that chemistry, which is all that the brain contains, is
**no more magical than electronics?"*
*
*
* - - - -O B J E C T I O N ! - - -*
you added "which is all that the brain contains" smuggled into my position,
which contains ...all we know today and include into the term 'brain' as our
conventional science  C A N  handle it. I don't know how 'magical' anything
can be. he unknown is not magical.
We (OOPS: IBM) constructed the electronics to perform whatever we want it to
perform in our present knowledge. WE (and that is "us") did not construct
the brain, especially not the 'so called' (tool for) BRAINFUNCTIONS so far
unknown in toto.
I would not agree even with a gun to my head. What can you do? shoot me? So
what?
In my belief system there is no afterlife. Even doubts for 'this' one.

John
*
*
*