Dear Bruno,

you know I am not one of 'those' taking EM for granted (rather consider such
things as ingenious HUMAN explanatory proposals for poorly understood
phenomena we think to receive over the millennia).
 *Statistical,* however, is a consequence not only of the description WHAT
we watch, but also of the *DOMAIN - in which we count the
replies.*Extend/shrink the borders and the end-result will change.

*Logical?* of course we mean HUMAN logic. The ways we get along in the
limited model of our so far acquired perceived reality of the world - OUR
WAY.*  I wonder if you presume the Universal Computer to cover a wider
knowledge-base than our present limitations and apply different ways of
drawing conclusions from those rules in (your) logical studies?*

One more of my 'beefs':
Our rules (including: physical LAWS) are observational (statistical?)
deductions in human knowledge. They *CONTROL - or INSTIGATE* nothing. They
are descriptions of what we think is going on, paraphrased in our - mostly
math-involving - human-logical (conventional?) sciences. We don't know how
our figments (e.g. EM) RELATE to the natural change to which we think is
related to. We have no DIRECT input of the RELATIONS in nature that
control(?) the changes - the perception of which we receive in some human
idea.
It is a reverse view between 'physical law' and what we consider as
happenings. Not even a description.
We can calculate in many cases by those 'rules' and *MAY* get right answers
(predictions) - our technology is ALMOST good. (Some mishaps still occur and
if you state a 'match' to the 16th decimal, go to units in an order of
magnitude 17 places to the right and you have no match even in integers.)

Best regards
John Mikes

On Wed, Sep 14, 2011 at 3:52 PM, Mindey <min...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 14, 2011 at 00:13, Stephen P. King <stephe...@charter.net>wrote:
>
>> On 9/13/2011 11:28 AM, Bruno Marchal wrote:
>>

>>  On 12 Sep 2011, at 22:16, Craig Weinberg wrote:
>>
>> To say that complex things can result from very simple rules is true
>> enough, but it's circular reasoning that distracts from the relevant
>> questions: What are 'rules' and where do they come from?
>>

> 1. Anything more than "Nothingness" requires explanation of its own
> existence.[1]
> 2. Very simple programs can be Universal Turing Machines. An example of
> one: [2]
>
> => One of the very simple programs must have somehow originated from
> Nothingness.
>
> But How? [3]
>

> [1] Roger Ellman, "How and Why the Universe Began")
> http://arxiv.org/ftp/physics/papers/9904/9904054.pdf)
>
> [2] Alex Smith, "Universality of Wolfram’s 2, 3 Turing Machine" (
> http://www.wolframscience.com/prizes/tm23/TM23Proof.pdf)
>
> [3] Stephen Anastasi "On first cause" (
> http://cosmogonycentral.blogspot.com/2007/06/on-first-cause.html)
>

>> You are the one assuming some physical reality. But mechanism can explains
>> where such physical rules come from. They are consequences of addition and
>> multiplication. More exactly, their *appearances* for the average
>> universal machine are consequences of 0, +, and *.
>>

>>     Dear Bruno,
>>
>>     Could you give us a sketch of exactly how 'physical rules' or the
>> appearance thereof are the "consequences of 0, + and *"? I think that there
>> is more to the explanation than the fact that 0, + and * exist.... This is
>> the part of your work that I still do not understand.

  Onward!

Stephen