On 1/16/2012 2:02 PM, Craig Weinberg wrote:
On Jan 16, 1:42 pm, "Stephen P. King"<stephe...@charter.net>  wrote:
Hi,

      My $.02. I am reminded of the argument in Matrix Philosophy that if
we cannot argue that our experiences are *not* simulations then we might
as well bet that they are. While I have found that there are upper
bounds on computational based content via logical arguments such as
David Deutsch'sCANTGOTO
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Fabric_of_Reality>  and Carlton Caves
<http://arxiv.org/abs/quant-ph/0304083>' research on computational
resources, it seems to me that we have sufficient evidence to argue that
if it is possible for a being to have 1p associated with it, then we
might as well bet that they do. So I am betting that zombies do not
exist. One simply cannot remain an agnostic on this issue.

Onward!

Stephen

I think the problem is that the zombie has the 1p of whatever is doing
the computation, not of the living cells and organs of a living
person. I think everything has a 1p experience, it's just that human
1p is a lot different from the 1p of out zoological, biological,
chemical, and physical subselves. A zombie talks the talk, but it
doesn't walk the walk. It's just a puppet which walks some other walk
which it has no awareness of.

Craig

Hi Craig,

The 1p is something that can have differences in degree not in kind thus your argument is a bit off. Zombies simply do not exist.

Onward!

Stephen