On Jan 16, 1:42 pm, "Stephen P. King" <stephe...@charter.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>      My $.02. I am reminded of the argument in Matrix Philosophy that if
> we cannot argue that our experiences are *not* simulations then we might
> as well bet that they are. While I have found that there are upper
> bounds on computational based content via logical arguments such as
> David Deutsch'sCANTGOTO
> <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Fabric_of_Reality> and Carlton Caves
> <http://arxiv.org/abs/quant-ph/0304083>' research on computational
> resources, it seems to me that we have sufficient evidence to argue that
> if it is possible for a being to have 1p associated with it, then we
> might as well bet that they do. So I am betting that zombies do not
> exist. One simply cannot remain an agnostic on this issue.
> Onward!
> Stephen

I think the problem is that the zombie has the 1p of whatever is doing
the computation, not of the living cells and organs of a living
person. I think everything has a 1p experience, it's just that human
1p is a lot different from the 1p of out zoological, biological,
chemical, and physical subselves. A zombie talks the talk, but it
doesn't walk the walk. It's just a puppet which walks some other walk
which it has no awareness of.