Dear Friends,

    I recommend the following paper for your comment:

 The Computing Spacetime

Fotini Markopoulou <>
(Submitted on 17 Jan 2012)

   The idea that the Universe is a program in a giant quantum computer
   is both fascinating and suffers from various problems. Nonetheless,
   it can provide a unified picture of physics and this can be very
   useful for the problem of Quantum Gravity where such a unification
   is necessary. In previous work we proposed Quantum Graphity, a
   simple way to model a dynamical spacetime as a quantum computation.
   In this paper, we give an easily readable introduction to the idea
   of the universe as a quantum computation, the problem of quantum
gravity, and the graphity models.

To post to this group, send email to