2012/2/3 Craig Weinberg <whatsons...@gmail.com>

> On Feb 3, 8:01 am, Quentin Anciaux <allco...@gmail.com> wrote:
> .
> >
> > No that's not what comp predict. Comp predict that what you see is what
> you
> > see.
>
> Oh, comp predicts direct perception and not indirect representational
> quaia? Do tell.
>

> > Comp is the computation theory of mind. If you start assuming stupid
> > thing you can only conclude stupid thing, but your conclusion has nothing
> > to do with comp.
>
> Do you say the same of Dennett's many examples of optical illusions?
> Why does he use those if his view of the universe (comp), says that
> 'what you see is what you see.'?

Because comp is the theory saying that *you are turing emulable* If you
current vision was not turing emulable, it's a fail from the starting
point... If you can't see that you're more stupid than I thought. You could
always posit that vision was not turing emulable... but without any proof,
like John Clark says, it's gaz...