On Jan 31, 2:11 pm, Quentin Anciaux <allco...@gmail.com> wrote:

> A conscious program should involves deep computation and self reflection,
> visual qualia "inputs" are not only from visual sensors but also from
> internal parts like in human.
>
> Also when you close your eyes, your sensor still receive stimuli from the
> eyes. Only in total blackness would you see black,

I can see black in my imagination anytime I want.

> but you'll still receive
> information from other senses and parts of your brain. You never have "no
> inputs". Even in sense deprivation tanks, you have your own mind inputs. A
> conscious computation should not stop processing like our consciousness.

As soon as we start falling asleep though, the noise goes away. Noise
should either be unavoidable or intentionally included in comp. What
our visual sense seems to do it both in different contexts.

> But whatever, between your continuous straw man arguments, or your
> illumination on a subject matter, it's becoming more and more boring
> reading you.

Nobody is holding a gun to your head.

> If blackness qualia when closing your eyes was a valid refutation of comp
> it would be hilarious.

Of course, because religious faith cannot be refuted by mere truth. If
going into total darkness created no noise, I would take that as
supporting comp.

Craig