On Fri, Feb 3, 2012  Craig Weinberg <whatsons...@gmail.com> wrote:

> My entire point is that comp suggests that our visual qualia is not an
> electronic light detector

The visual cortex in your brain is not a light detector and the image
compression program connected to the camera on your cellphone is not a
light detector either, electronic or otherwise.

> Go into Photoshop or Paint. File > New > OK. This image (or it's inverse)
> is what comp predicts for visual qualia of conditions where we cannot see.
> There is no reason to represent anything else, and there is no noise
> whatsoever in this image.

Photoshop can paint a smooth image therefore computers can never be
intelligent or conscious. Of course, I see the light at last, its all so
obvious now that you point out that vital fact! Why oh why didn't I see it
before?!

> This kind of ad hominem stuff means Zero to me. Why?

I don't know, maybe because your used to people saying "this is stupid".

> I know that you don't understand what I'm talking about.

True, and the reason for that is you don't understand what you're talking
about, thus there is little chance I would know what you mean when you
obviously do not.

> I on the other hand know exactly what you are talking about

The fact that I do know what I'm talking about explains this asymmetry.

  John K Clark

 John K Clark